In addition to Individual winners, there will be a Team Winner (except the Very Enthusiastic category). If you are in more than 1 class, you are on more than 1 team and anything you do will contribute to both teams.
- Every week, you will have your trainer initial your Tracker Sheet for your attendance in your weekly trainer class. This attendance sheet will be turned in at the end of the contest. For each class you attend, you will earn 3 points for your team. You may make up your class in another one of your trainer's classes for the workout (at their discretion), but you will not receive points for the makeup. Points will only be awarded for attendance to your assigned class. I will check these against the check-ins in the computer so make sure you always check-in through the computer when coming to the club!
- If a person has 3 or more missing weights you will no longer be part of the team (but may still participate in class). Missing weigh-ins means you did not weigh in during the week and did not have an excused vacation. Remember, if you have to miss class for any reason other than vacation, you must weigh in at some point during the week, either with your trainer, myself or a staff member and make sure it gets to me (either leave for me or get it to your trainer). For each unexcused missed weigh-ins, one point will be deducted from your team.
- Because teams are uneven numbers (some have 8, 10, 12 people) each team’s points are represented by a multiplier based on 10. So a team that has 10 people, 1 point = 1 point. For teams that have more or less than 10, a multiplier is used based on the amount of people over or under 10. For example, a team that has 12 people, 1 point = .83 so the total number of points on any given challenge is multiplied by this number (and then rounded). This makes it fair for all teams to earn the same amount of points regardless of how many people are on a team. You will see these multiplier numbers on the challenge tracker.
- One of the best ways you can be successful is to work together as a team. Support each other, create a Facebook page, find ways to workout together other than your weekly class, share ideas and struggles. You are all in this together and can make it a positive experience for yourself and everyone!
New Team Challenges Begin Week 3!
- Starting with Week 3 results and thereafter through Week 11 the TEAM with the highest overall % weight loss will get 14 points, 2nd place 13 points, 3rd place 12 points, etc. all the way down to 1 point. (If someone misses a weigh in for the week (without a vacation excuse) their initial weight will be used giving them a 0%. If they miss because of vacation and cannot report weight, the week previous weight will be used.
- Starting with Week 3 results and thereafter through Week 11, the Top 10 women and men will earn points for their team (1st place gets 10 points for their team, down to 1 point for 10th place).
- Pound Challenge
* Anyone who loses at least 2 pounds from the previous week will earn 2 points for their team.
- Starting in Week 7 (new point amounts)
* Anyone who loses at least 1 pound from the previous week will earn 2 points for their team.
* Anyone who loses at least 2 pounds from the previous week will earn 3 points for their team.
* 2 people from everyone who qualifies will randomly to drawn to win 10 additional points for their team.
Note: Your trainers will turn your weights in as usual so you don’t need to do anything extra for this.