In addition to Individual winners, there will be a Team Winner (except the Very Enthusiastic category). If you are in more than 1 class, you are on more than 1 team and anything you do will contribute to both teams.
- Every class, you will have your trainer initial your Tracker Sheet for your attendance in your weekly trainer class. This attendance sheet will be turned in at the end of the contest. For each class you attend, you will earn 3 points for your team. You may make up your class in another one of your trainer's classes for the workout (at their discretion), but you will not receive points for the makeup. Points will only be awarded for attendance to your assigned class. I will check these against the check-ins in the computer so make sure you always check-in through the computer when coming to the club!
- If a person has 3 or more missing weights you will no longer be part of the team (but may still participate in class). Missing weigh-ins means you did not weigh in during the week and did not have an excused vacation. Remember, if you have to miss class for any reason other than vacation, you must weigh in at some point during the week, either with your trainer, myself or a staff member and make sure it gets to me (either leave for me or get it to your trainer).
- Because teams are uneven numbers each team’s points are represented by a multiplier based on 10. So a team that has 10 people, 1 point = 1 point. For teams that have more or less than 10, a multiplier is used based on the amount of people over or under 10. For example, a team that has 8 people, 1 point = 1.25 so the total number of points on any given challenge is multiplied by this number (and then rounded). This makes it fair for all teams to earn the same amount of points regardless of how many people are on a team.
- One of the best ways you can be successful is to work together as a team. Support each other, create a Facebook page, find ways to workout together other than your weekly class, share ideas and struggles. You are all in this together and can make it a positive experience for yourself and everyone!
New Team Challenges Begin Week 3!
- Starting with Week 3 results and thereafter through Week 11 the TEAM with the highest overall % weight loss will get 14 points, 2nd place 13 points, 3rd place 12 points, etc. all the way down to 1 point. (If someone misses a weigh in for the week (without a vacation excuse) their initial weight will be used giving them a 0%. If they miss because of vacation and cannot report weight, the week previous weight will be used.
- Starting with Week 3 results and thereafter through Week 11, the Top 10 women and men will earn points for their team (1st place gets 10 points for their team, down to 1 point for 10th place).
- Pound Challenge
* Anyone who loses at least 2 pounds from the previous week will earn 2 points for their team.
- Starting in Week 6 (new point amounts)
* Anyone who loses at least 1 pound from the previous week will earn 2 points for their team.
* Anyone who loses at least 2 pounds from the previous week will earn 3 points for their team.
* 2 people from everyone who qualifies will randomly to drawn to win 5 additional points for their team.
Note: Your trainers will turn your weights in as usual so you don’t need to do anything extra for this.
Team Challenge #1 – Team Name!
Your team can earn 5 points for coming up with a team name during your first class meeting. Choose one person from the team (not the Trainer) to be responsible for emailing Erin (email@example.com) the name no later than Tuesday, May 17th. Your Trainers will have to help facilitate this but a member still has to email Erin for the name to count. Late entries do not count for any team.
An extra 2 points for also emailing a team picture!
Nutrition Challenge #1
Food Journaling for Success
Please note you must open up the video and watch it in its entirety from your own email address. After you watch the video in its entirety, then answer the questions. You may not copy answers from anyone else (subject to disqualification of challenge). Answers must be received by Erin via email only at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on Tuesday, May 17th (no exceptions). Each person that completes this challenge will receive 2 points for their team. Two people will also be chosen at random to earn an additional 5 points for their team.
This first nutrition challenge holds valuable information that will help you succeed in this contest. I can not stress enough how much more successful people are in losing weight when they use a food journal. It can be eye opening what you are actually putting in your body. It can also teach you so much about what to eat for a healthy balance of carbs, protein and fat. This is a great tool to help you on your journey and Kelly will walk you through some great information in this video!
The remaining nutrition challenges will be emailed at 6 am on the following dates and questionnaires will be due (emailed back to Erin) by 11:59 pm the following Sunday. Dates are subject to change.
Nutrition #2 Sent 6am May 25th, due 11:59pm on May 29th
Nutrition #3 Sent 6am June 15th, due 11:59pm on June 19th
Nutrition #4 Sent 6am July 6th, due 11:59pm on July 10th
|File Size:||38 kb|